Power LogOn – Enterprise Password Manager
Here’s how Power LogOn enterprise password manager can safeguard your business
Power LogOn is a smartcard-based, enterprise password manager for Windows. Password data security is still the number one way employees authenticate themselves into company computers and networks. Power LogOn easily integrates into your existing network architecture and communicates with many of your existing applications without any software modifications. The IT administrator can configure Power LogOn to comply to their network access authentication policies, unlike many other security products which forces IT to change their policies to meet the product’s features.
IT Centralized Management:
- Custom password-change frequency, strength, privileges, pre-set computer actions and more
- IT easily implements and manages corporate security access policies
- Full server integration with LDAP, Active Directory, Terminal Services, VPN, etc.
- Reduce IT help desk tasks and costs in resetting passwords & unlocking computers
- Auto-launch and authenticate applications
- Card life-cycle management and cardholder activity reports
Low Cost of Ownership:
- No annual renewal or subscription fees
- Licenses are recyclable
- No back end server or network modifications required
- Customization available
- Non-proprietary components to meets ISO-7816 & PC/SC specifications
- No rebadging is an option
- Combine with existing physical access, ID cards, e-payment, etc.
Government Legislation Compliance:
- Implement federal and state data privacy protection laws
- Migration strategy as government security requirements change
- Multifactor authentication
- Eight Layers of Assurance
- Something the user knows (Pin)
- Something the user has (Card)
- Something the use is (Biometric)
- Something the card knows (User Names, Passwords, URL)
- Something the card has (3DES or AES encryption keys)
- Something the card is (Unique serial #)
- Something the computer & card knows (Challenge / Response)
- Something the application & card knows (User classification code)
- Auto-logoff, -shutoff or custom script when card is removed from reader
- Two mouse click account logon
- Users don’t have to remember, type or know account passwords
- Every account has its own, unique password
- Create complex user names and passwords
- Multi-functional smartcards offer single token convenience
Versatility & Interoperability:
- Power LogOn works with
- Smartcard technologies (Memory, Java, Multos, custom)
- RFID (Mifare, DESfire, 125kHz Prox)
- Other (Magnetic stripe, barcode, etc.)
- New applications and technologies can be added without loosing any previous stored application data.
- Power LogOn can be added to deployed cards without having to re-badge.
- Power LogOn® APIs allow easy integration with third-party client and server-based applications.
- Passwords available on any computer w/Power LogOn.
- Employees always in possession of the passwords
- Remote secure access to corporate VPN networks