Why rebadge when you can extend functions?
The convergence of physical and logical access on an employee ID badge has been a much discussed topic over the past 10 years. I know, I have been one of its major champions. However, the one stumbling block that has stopped its widespread implementation has been the high cost of replacing existing badges with more expensive cards, the rebuilding of a new access control database, and the wasted investment of the existing cards. Power LogOn® by Access Smart® has eliminated these barriers with an affordable, easy-to-install, Windows password manager that requires no changes or re-issuances to current physical access ID badges.
Virtually any existing employee ID badge can now be used to securely access corporate computers, networks, cloud sites and applications. Power LogOn works with your existing magnetic stripe, RFID, contact- and contactless-smartcard technologies. Here is a list of just some of the card technologies Access Smart supports:
- Magnetic stripe (HiCo 3-track stripes)
- Contact memory smartcards (SLE4442, Gemalto’s GemClub, Cryptomemory, etc.)
- Microcontroller contact smartcards (Java, JCOB, Multos, MOST, etc.)
- Crypto controller contact smartcards (Java, PIV, PIV-I, CAC, SafeNet, etc.)
- RFID 125kHz Prox (XceedID, Indala®, HID®, etc.)
- Contacltess smartcard (Mifare®, DES-Fire®, EV1, iClass®, ISO 14443A, ISO 14443B, ISO 14443A/B, ISO 15693, etc.) Read More→